Becoming a Sister
What kind of woman becomes a Franciscan Sister? She comes from a variety of backgrounds and career paths. This woman:
- is responsive to the needs of others.
- has the ability to invite and enable others to use their gifts.
- resonates with the Franciscan Charism (way of life).
- has a prayerful spirit and a love for the Gospel.
- is attracted to simple living.
- has the desire to live a life in a community of Sisters.
- demonstrates care and concern for all God's people.
Consider a call to be a Rochester Franciscan Sister if you:
- are between the ages of 20 and 45 and in good physical and psychological health.
- have a passion for prayer as a foundation to your actions.
- are committed to be a compassionate presence for peace in our world and strive for justice and reverence for all of creation.
- have the enthusiasm to respond to God wholeheartedly within the community.
- desire to follow Jesus in the spirit of Saint Francis, Saint Clare and Mother Alfred Moes.
For more information on the steps to become a Franciscan Sister, please contact Sister Chris Stanoch, 888-277-4741 (toll free) or 507-282-7441.